This category includes everything from cooking over a grill grate to cooking in a skillet on a camp stove.
- Campfire Migas Recipe – Moderate – Mexican style breakfast with fried corn tortillas mixed in.
- Pan-Fried Catfish Recipe – Moderate – Traditional cornmeal breaded pan-fried catfish with a cajun kick.
- Parmesan-Crusted Catfish – Moderate – Instead of plain old cornbread, you can amp up your fried catfish with some parmesan and panko.
- Beer Battered Catfish – Moderate – Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. Also, a great excuse to buy some beer, if you needed one.
- Catfish Tacos – Moderate – Crispy fried catfish with a bright and refreshing jalapeno aioli will change the way you look at catfish.
- Thai Catfish Curry – Easy – A spicy, tropical fish stew that is extremely quick and easy to make.
- Campfire Beef Kebabs – Easy – Easy to throw together skewers of juicy beef and roasted vegetables.
- Campfire Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki – Moderate – A bright and refreshing kebab for a hot summer day.
- Campfire Jalapeno Poppers – Challenging – Make em at home and cook em over your campfire later. Smokey, jalapeno-ey, bacon-ey, and creamy perfection.
- Hot Water Cornbread – Easy – Old school Southern-fried cornbread.
- Camp Stove Teriyaki Chicken – Easy – A bright chicken dish perfect for a hot summer day.
- Crispy Skin Chicken Thighs with Garlic Herb Pan Sauce – Easy – Magically make crispy skin-on chicken thighs without having to take an oven with you camping.
- Camp Stove Red-Braised Pork Belly – Easy – Salty, sweet, gingery, caramely, porky goodness.
- Camp Stove Shaking Beef – Easy – An umami explosion balanced out by fresh greens that will satisfy both the carnivores and salad eaters in your crew.
- Chicken Paprikash – Moderate – A hearty dinner to satisfy those post-hike hunger pangs.
- Grillades and Grits – Challenging – The beef version of shrimp and grits. A traditional New Orleans favorite.
- Smothered Pork Chops – Easy – Extremely easy, throw together, dinner for your campsite.
- Sausage Gravy for Biscuits – Easy – Make this classic with a batch of our easy dutch oven biscuits.
Learn how to season your cast iron.